Benefits of joining the MILO Institute
- Participate in the Small Satellite Innovation Accelerator program, which assists teams in developing a complete satellite.
- Participate in space science missions at reduced cost.
- Participate in design reviews and integration activities.
- Design, build, test and qualify hardware.
- Mission execution assurance and system integration provided by Lockheed Martin.
- Rapid innovation and deployment, higher frequency of mission opportunities.
- Demonstrate proprietary technology in an operational environment.
- Participation in the Academic and Education Council.
- Affordable and accessible
- A consortium model distributes costs over a wide base.
- Each member pays a fraction of the total mission cost.
- Every member participates in the mission.
- Compelling space science
- Deepen our understanding of the universe.
- Enable unprecedented exploration and scientific discovery.
- Participate in all aspects of world-class space mission.
- Engineering and scientific support
ASU and Lockheed Martin shape mission objectives and will be available to advise participants from mission definition through satellite development and operation to achieve mission success.
- Growth of space industry
- Accelerate technology maturation.
- Relevant experience in satellite build, test, integrate and operate.
- Ecosystem designed to mature new technologies and space science programs.
- Workforce development
- Members participate in the Small Satellite Innovation Accelerator program.
- Members participate in all aspects of world-class space missions.
- Retention of intellectual capital.
- Access to space science infrastructure
The MILO Institute provides access to the complete infrastructure for deep space missions, including launch, carrier vehicle, communications and other critical technology.